Bigyn Primary School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
2. to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
3. to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2016-17 Bigyn Primary School was provided with a PDG allocation of £55,100.
At Bigyn we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
* enhance teaching and learning by providing additional LSA support in literacy and numeracy
* implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.
* improve attendance of target group pupils by using effective intervention stratgies (for example, first day absence communications)
* tailored Positive Play and Thinking Detectives support for pupils
* behaviour support for pupils identified as at risk of under-achieving
* additional Early Years support to ensure we are 'closing the gap' from a very early age